Wednesday 5 November 2008

Weight lost recipe: no 6

Fresh Tomato Pasta

350g (12 oz) pasta
low-fat cooking spray
1 onion, chopped roughly
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 kg (2 lb 4 oz) ripe tomatoes, chopped roughly
1 pack of fresh Basil, chopped

Cook the pasta, drain. Spray a large frying-pan with the cooking spray and out on a medium heat. Stir-fry the garlic and onion until soft, then add the tomatoes. Cook for about 15 minutes or until the tomatoes have broken down.
Toss the pasta into the sauce with the fresh basil, season and serve.

We tend to have it with diced grilled gammon, OH and olives, bread sticks and Parmesan, lol



2 comments:

a little bit of me........ said...

oh Maria it sounds lovely and making me hungry, thanks will give it a go.
jenni x

ps i managed to add you on my blog list!

Hi it's Maria said...

Thanks jenn, got 'Nasi Goreng' for tea, another w/w recipe, don't think I've posted that one yet.

Thanks for adding me too,