Sunday 14 September 2008

Weight lost recipe: no 1

I feel Clive has done brilliantly with he's weight lost, so thought I would share some of the dishes I made, so here is the first...

...Chicken and Potato Masala

2 onions, sliced thinly
450g (1lb) skinless chicken breast, cubed
4 tablespoons medium Masala curry paste
400G (14oz) canned tomatoes
200g (7oz) mushrooms, halved
550g (1lb 3oz) canned new potatoes, drained and halved, (I always used fresh steamed potatoes)
200ml (7fl oz) boiling water
2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander

Dry-fry the onions and chicken in a non-stick pan for 5 minutes.
Stir in the curry paste and the tomatoes, mix well, and add the mushrooms, potatoes and boiling water.
Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Stir in the chopped coriander, and check the seasoning to taste.

We also had puppodums (cooked in the microwave), lime pickle and mango chutney served with it.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I would love to see some more of your recipes, keep them coming :)