Thursday 7 January 2010

Assaulting the pavements, lol...

Well hubby has not been able to go to work again today, as our road is just a sheet of ice, and he's needs to go by car as buses and trains don't run to where he is working at the moment...

So he thought he would try and find our forecourt, pavement and car by clearing away the snow and ice... he then asked if I had any spare salt to put down.... so I gave him our salt grinder, lol...



but I think it's going to be a long job, lol...



I think he's made a good job of it and also cleared our elderly neighbours path too, so I made him a hot drink as a consolation, lol...

also I'm pleased to see he's still got a sense of humor, as no work for 2 days, means no pay...

12 comments:

dottygin said...

ha ha ha! maria, i love it. if he keeps it up he will be prepared for the next down pour of snow. 2011.
gina xxxxxxx

Hi it's Maria said...

LOL gina, when told hubby that was not impressed...xx

sue-bubbles said...

Good old Clive! Can you come and clear my road now...on second thoughts, dont worry...if it stays icy, I cant go to work can I!
Enjoy your snow days!!!!
Sue x

Hi it's Maria said...

LOL sue, your road don't need doing if your getting DHL deliveries, lol...xx

Susan said...

I've never noticed before but don't Clive and Steven look alike?

I keep thinking I should clear our drive of snow but people have said you can then get in trouble if someone slips whereas if you leave it alone then they can't sue you.

It looks so pretty but I hate going out in it.

Hi it's Maria said...

oh susan don't say that, he clear 2 of our elderly neighbours paths' too...xx

Valerie-Jael said...

I can just imagine him salting the pavement with your little salt grinder, well done!

Hi it's Maria said...

thanks val...xx

jackie(worcs) said...

I always think the pavement tastes nicer with a bit of salt on it, dont you?
Jackie :-))

SueB said...

Well done Clive! what a fab hubby you have there Maria! Shame he won't get paid for the days he's off work, but I hope at least he enjoys them.
Suzie xxxx :)

jan said...

Thanks Maria and Clive for the laugh, well done Clive,hugs Jan xx

Hi it's Maria said...

thanks jackie, suzie and jan...xx