Saturday 26 June 2010

4 weeks and counting...

That is all Steven has left at school and nothing sorted as yet, but did visit another couple of day centres during the week and today took hubby and Steven to see one that I had previously seen.... Still not 100% sure which path we are going to take as yet...

I've had a good week up in the attic, it was very HOT HOT HOT but I've finished rubbing down the lilac paintwork including the doors, also think I've chosen the colours, and have been up there with a tape measure to see what units I can fit in, as I like the expedit units from Ikea.... have worked out I can get 2 of the 2x4 ones and 2 of the 2x2 ones, so giving me 24 12x12 squares to fill, now will that be enough for my stash?...

and what about Ghana tonight beating the USA, it was nice seeing the so called underdogs beating a top team, not sure about tomorrows game though, as not sure if I can cope with the tension. You should have heard me shouting at the TV the last few minuets of the Ghana game, as I said, not good for my blood pressure, all I can say is, good job I'm not donating blood till next month, lol..

Oh forgot to say, when Steven had an inset day from school the other week we went out and got him a tuxedo, dress shirt and bow tie for he's prom next month, it bought tears to my eyes when he tried it on, he looked so grown up, I think I tend to forget he's 19...

10 comments:

SusieJ said...

Oh Maria - I bet Steven looked fab and all grown up. You do forget their ages don't you? I find it hard when DS is at home to remember he's nearly 21 and not ask him where he's going and when he'll be back.
Work on your craft room is going well. What colours have you chosen?
Hugs,
Sue xx

Hi it's Maria said...

OUCH 21, is he having a party sue?

my sam will be 23 this year, my goodness, writing that make me feel old, lol..

now you I tell you the colours or not, as I might change my mind, lol...

sue-bubbles said...

Crumbs, it doesnt seem like 5 minutes since your Sam was 21 Maria...I remember you making her card!

Welldone on your crafty room antics, especially in this heat! Im not sure that many cubes will be enough for all your stash though...but hey, you could always build an extension...lol!

Bless Steven in his posh clothes, I hope you all have an amazing time at his Prom....and you know you will have his future plans sorted out very soon ;) You go girl, you are a star!

Sue x

SueB said...

Oh Maria, all that sanding in this heat, I don't know how you did it, but very well done!

The expedit IKEA units are FAB!!!! and just perfect for storing all things crafty :)

I have a large and small one in
DS1s bedroom and a small one is
DS2s bedroom, and I sooooooo want one for me and all my stash, but sadly no where to put one for me :(
Perhaps when all this building work is done, I might find a little space somewhere :)

I did'nt watch the game Maria, but glad the "under dogs" won, that's always great to hear.

I bet Steven looked lovely in his black tie Maria, you must put some pics on your blog. I really hope you get something sorted out very soon.

Suzie xxxxx :)

Hi it's Maria said...

thanks sue ans suzie...

yes love those units, I bought steven the large one for he's bedroom and nearly got all 25 holes filled with one thing and another, lol..

I'm a person if something has to be done then it has to be done, I so wish I could just walk away from decorating or chores, but cannot, lol... sorry sue I know you must think me mad, hahaha...

DGgirl said...

Hi Mariaitely not sure that those units will hold all your stash but you're welcome to send some to me to be krlp in storage LOL!!!

Can't wait to see photos of Stephen in his black tie clothes - he is going to be soooo handsome.

Good luck with the continuing search for a good day centre. I think if you most days.

Hugs to all.

Gillxx

Hi it's Maria said...

thanks gill, and LOL at you looking after my stash, got a feeling I would NEVER see it again if you did, lol...xx

jan said...

Maria my DS1 is 31 and DS2 and DDIL both 28, that is old.........Glad you enjoy tux wiht Steven, aah, they grow up so quickly.Hope Steven's future sorted asap.Enjoy the Prom.
Pleased work on craft room going well, will be great for you, all that space....hugs Jan xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Hope you soon find the right solution for Steven! Big hugs and lots of sparkles!

Hi it's Maria said...

LOL jan, I suppose 23 and 19 is young, thanks...xx

thanks val..xx