Monday 6 December 2010

Christmas catch up

YEAH.... I actually finished my Christmas cards at the weekend, all 85 of them and 16 children's cards, all with envelopes and inserts in them...




OK they took me nearly a year to make, lol... as earlier in the year I stamped some images, then throughout the year, when I had the odd half an hour and wanted to chill, I coloured them in. Then matted and layered them with mirror card to actually start making them into cards just the last few weeks. I'm pleased with them, but hopefully now having my Arty Attic, I'm hoping I'll be able to make them up a lot quicker next year, OK you have that in writing, that I plan on having all my Christmas cards made by the end of November next year, lol...
Oh yes, I still have my special ones for my hubby, daughter, son and mum to make AND to write and address the 103 cards, arhhhhh...


So what next on my Christmas 'to do' list?.... I think that will be my December ATC in which I think I need to make 8, yikes, so will have to get my thinking cap on for them before I get a telling off for being late. Oh yes also need to make some gift tags so I can start wrapping the presents up.



As for my Count down to Christmas journal, I'm jotting down notes and taking photos, but as yet not had chance to actually start a page, unlike Carole, Alma and Sue who are all steaming along quite nicely.


But watch this space, I do plan on getting it finished this year, unlike last year, as did all the taking notes and photos and saving memorabilia, but ended up throwing them all away a few weeks back as it never got done, but this year I WILL...

7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Well done Maria, I managed to post my English cards today, the rest of the world will have to wait....

Hi it's Maria said...

thanks val, you're one up on me as not wrote any yet...xx

Carole said...

Well done on making all those cards Maria, they look fab! No wonder you haven't managed to do much to your journal yet! Shhh, I'll tell you a little secret! I decided to only make a handful of cards this year and bought charity cards for the rest. Too much stress with making them all last year. Then what do I decide to do? A little scrapbook page EVERY day!!! Mad or what?!!!

Hugs - Carole xxx

SusieJ said...

You're ahead of me Maria - I still have cards to make!
Well done on finishing them all
Hugs,
Sue xx

Hi it's Maria said...

thanks ladies and carole I won't tell anyone, lol...xx

tea_bag said...

Well done Maria, on doing them and doing so many they look fab hugs almaxx

Hi it's Maria said...

thanks alma...xx