Thursday 21 July 2011

Mixed emotions

Last night was one of mixed emotions, as I went to see the last of Harry Potter films with my daughter Sam, which was a very sad event for us, an end of an era so to speak.

We've been going to see them together since the very first film came out as hubby isn't really into it. He might watch the odd DVD but that's only if there is nothing better on another channel, lol. So has been just the two of us for all the films, OK, apart from last year, as we took my sister, but that caused too many problems with her family. So we didn't bother inviting her this year, shame for her, but I don't go out that often and when I do, I aim it to be stress free as possible. Saying that, I've been out twice already this year, yikes I had better slow down, lol...

I thought the film was FAB, I loved the music, it went so well with the film, very emotional but not too doom and gloom. I find some music is just too heavy for a sad part of a film. But I personally loved everything about the film and cannot wait for it to come out on DVD.

Anyway this time we had an added bonus of dinner afterwards, again just me and Sam, as hubby was working away and Steven was at Respite (otherwise I wouldn't have been able to go). So to save cooking for one, I decided we would make it a girly night and go out afterwards. We decided to go to Chiquito's in Port Solent. it was yummy, but so filling that we couldn't eat it all. We also stop in Pavers Shoes and I saw a FAB handbag, it had loads of coloured zips on it, but was a little too big for my liking, as I'm trying to go smaller with bags. But Sam came out with 2 bags AND 2 pairs of shoes, lol... the shoes were her first ever heels, OK they were wedge types ones, but for Sam NOT to wear flatties it's a miracle in itself, but these had a 2" heel, she tried them on and she said it felt like she was walking on air. That's how I've found all the shoes/boots I've bought from there.


So yes it was sad, it being the last film, but Sam and I had a lovely evening with a lovely meal and shopping afterwards, yes defiantly a evening of mixed emotions, (and yes I did get a little tearful in the film, lol)...

5 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad you had an evening out and watched HP. I saw it on Tuesday, and loved it, too! Valerie

SusieJ said...

Same feelings here Maria but it was Nick and I - we used to fight over the books as to who would read them first...the end of an era indeed.
Loved the film. DH isn't into it either (he fell asleep when I was watching Part 1 lol!) so I took Nick and his girlfriend.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs xx

Hi it's Maria said...

thanks ladies, YEAH pleased you both liked it too, just a shame it had to come to an end...xx

Susan said...

Aww, sounds like you had a lovely mother-and-daughter evening.
You'll have to find some other films to watch now.
I think I've only seen the first HP film, must be the last person on the planet LOL.

Hi it's Maria said...

thanks susan, we have our thinking caps on already, lol...xx