Monday 19 September 2011

Crafty time

It's been a bit hectic these last few weeks as hubby's got a new contract, which is good news for our bank balance, but he's now working away from home Monday to Friday probably till next April... So it's not only me getting used to not having him around but trying to explain to Steven where his dad is and that mummy has to read him his bedtime story, (he still won't let me read him Thomas the Tank, lol).

But I have managed a little bit of crafting since I finished the Christmas cards, I made this hanger for my new great nephew.


The bases are from a cosmo kit, same ones that I used for my Arty Attic hanger, (as I bought 3 kits when it was a one time only).


The papers are from the pastel papermania 8x8 pad, which I inked round the edges of the boards to add some dimension, or at least I think it does.


The letters and numbers is 'BOYS WILL BE BOYS' sizzix and 'Naturally Serif' decorative strip. Then is was finished off with some stars from a cuttlebug snowflake die, teddy pictures are from the range at Toys R Us as that is what Finley's nursery is based on and finely I finished it off with some stickles on the stars and rabbits, I didn't go too mad as for a boy.



As for some of the cards that were needed for this month, I cheated a bit and adapted ones that I had already made earlier in the year, lol...





6 comments:

SusieJ said...

Love the door hanger Maria - such cute images.
Good work with the cards too - it's not cheating it's "re-purposing"!!!lol
Hugs xx

Susan said...

Busy again I see, LOVE the hanger, hope the baby appreciates it :)

Valerie-Jael said...

The cards and hanger are all beautiful; my fave is the one with the leaves! Valerie

Carole said...

This is just so lovely Maria! Such a cute hanger for a baby boy. Lovely cards too - you have been busy!

Hugs, Carole xxx

Unknown said...

Very cute hanger Maria, love it! So glad I have finally got my blogging pals back as I seemed to loose all the ones I was following :o(
Hope you are all well!
hugs Alyson x

Hi it's Maria said...

thanks ladies and I'm pleased to inform you that Finley's parents loved his hanger, in fact they put it straight up in his nursery, lol...xx