Tuesday 17 January 2012

Return to the box of deights...

Well what did I make it into...


...well I actually made a little photo album to fit inside the box...


The main papers, sayings and bits and pieces came from HOTP Forever Christmas Cards paper stack and BoBunny, Father Christmas Collection... and some snippets from my stash...


I did envelopes with little cards in...


Pockets with tags...


Plain matt and layer pages...


Pockets with little sayings in...


More tag pockets...


and sayings...


In fact, I did about 15 pages in all...


And finally bound it all together with my Bind it All...


For the edges I either inked, chalked or used sandpaper as use some 2 tone card...


I was actually quite chuffed with myself. OK it's not a patch on other peoples work, but it's the first time ever I made something off my own back AND started and finished it all in one afternoon, lol...

And Natalie loved it and cannot stop saying thank you and that her and her mum cannot stop looking at it...

yes I agree she needs to get a life, lol... thanks for looking...

8 comments:

SusieJ said...

Don't talk yourself down Maria!! This is wonderful - beautiful work and great recycling (of the box! lol).
No wonder Natalie loved it.
Big hugs xx

jeanie g said...

Wow Maria this looks absolutely amazing. I've made a similar book so I know how much work has gone into it and I think you've done a tremendous job, no wonder they love it. xxx Love and hugs

Hi it's Maria said...

thank you sue and jean...xx

I did enjoy making it, you never know maybe the first of many, lol...xx

Svjetlana said...

Wow Maria, this mini book is fantastic work, it looks amazing, well done.

DGgirl said...

Maria

This is just gorgeous - I think you should be very proud of yourself sweetie.

Gillxxx

Unknown said...

This is lovely Maria, I can see why Natalie was thrilled with it!
Hope you are all keeping well!
hugs Alyson x

Hi it's Maria said...

thanks ladies, am pleased with myself, lol...xx

dottygin said...

i love this maria, this is right up my street. its beautiful, you have done a fabulous job. and well done in it being the 1st time youve done something like this, i hope you now have the bug to make some more. they make for great pressies. and will you stop putting down your work, you have created some wonderful pieces.
big hugs gina xxxxxx