Thursday 6 December 2007

A very proud wife

I'm very proud of my hubby, as he has lost 14lbs in weight in 5 1/2 weeks, I've always have been worried about his weight, as over the years he has been putting it on quite bad and was worried about his health, he already suffers with his back, (his weight probably does not help with that problem), but his job is driving to a office, sitting at a desk and for 11 years living in hotels Mon-Fri.

Last month I made him go to the Doctors as it looked like he had an infection in his leg, which we think was through a bite from when we were in the Everglades, while he was there the Doctor asked him when was the last time he was weighed, he could not remember so out came the scales and was told that he ought to do something about it. The good thing was he came home and told me, so I said I would try and think of ways to cut his food down, anyway that was it.

Then a few weeks later, I made another appointment for him, for some lumps under his arms, (I did ask him why he did not mention it to the the Doctor when he was last there, but said the appointment was not made for that). I thought it would have saved time if he had mentioned it then, than take up another appointment, BUT then my daughter pipes up that dad did right thing, as it really annoys them at the dentist where she works, when a patient reels off a long list of moans in their 10 minute appointment, so I shut up, and for the people that know me, would know how hard that was for me.

So 2nd appointment was made, when he came home said the lumps were OK. (think I'm just being paranoid due to us still sorting out our wills, and life is going along quite nicely at the moment, and I'm frightened something is going to go wrong).
He also said it was a different Doctor and again was asked when was the last time he was weighed. LOL he said a few weeks earlier and was asked what had he done about it, well he had starting walking up 3 flights of stairs to the office, (with his laptop, which he has to take in every day) instead of using the lift, must admit was shocked over this, I would never have thought about using the lift in the first place, that is where Clive and I are totally opposite.

Well Clive then said to me that was the 2nd opinion, so we ought to do something about it, so the next day got in some weight watchers recipe books, and worked out his points, and went for it, and this is only the start.

Not only I'm proud of him for sticking to it, as there has been cream cakes in the office for 2 Birthdays and 1 leaving do, and he did not have a bite, but when I phoned him yesterday, he was doing laps of the car park, the only exercise he has done these last few years is to walk to the home Pompey game which it not that often.

I had to go out today and buy him a size smaller in jeans, and guess what, they are a bit big for him too, but kept them as with Christmas coming up, might put a little back on..

1 comment:

Susan said...

Any tips for Graham? He really needs to lose a couple of stone!

Well done Clive, I bet he will feel better for it.