Wednesday 24 December 2008

Happy Christmas

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow, ours will be slightly different to the usual, with my dad not being too good and Sam wanting to stay round boyfriend house tonight, so will not see her till lunch time tomorrow. Should look on the bright side to that one though, at least I won't have to listen to her getting up at 3am to open her Christmas stocking, then wanting to wake Steven up to help him open his, lol.

Tradition is also changing this year for us too, not only will I not be able to buy next year crackers from Woolworths, but as my dads poorly, he will not be up tonight. He always dresses up as Father Christmas for Steven at bedtime on Christmas Eve, we get Steven bathed and in bed, then Father Christmas always turns up with a few presents for him to open, one being the new Thomas the Tank annual that gets read to him by his dad before lying down to sleep.
Sam had it done when she was younger and in fact the tradition has gone back years, as my auntie always did it for me and my sister, (not that we knew it was our Auntie, always thought it was the real FC, used to hide under the covers frightened to look in case he realised we were awake, lol).

Well as dad cannot do it, we have decided to call it a day with Steven, as with his mentality, we could have carried on for years, but think the time has come to say, enough is enough. He's nearly 18, so are stopping, going to seem funny, in fact this Christmas is going to be definitely a different one. We have decided to put the wrapped annual on Stevens pillow for him to see and open when he goes to bed tonight, saying that Father Christmas is a little too busy to visit, but has left it for him.


......so as it's different to the norm...

....as aiming to have a bath tonight, yes you heard that right 'A BATH'

...some of you might remember a post that I did back in January that my aim for the year was to have a relaxing bath once a month, well think I got to about April, then it all went haywire, lol

Well all there is for me to say is I hope you all have a very Happy Christmas.....

4 comments:

Susan said...

I bet it was sad for your dad not being up to doing his part :(

So, did you enjoy your bath?

Hi it's Maria said...

Yes Susan, it did upset him a bit, but we turned it round saying it was about time we stopped as Alfie will be old enough for dad to do it for him next year....


....and ran out of time for the bath, as wrapping up Sam's and Clive's pressies took longer than I thought, lol...

...hopefully get one in before the year ends if I'm lucky, lol....

a little bit of me........ said...

ahh Maria that is such a lovely thing to do for Steven and sad it has to come to an end for both your dad and Steven, bless you all
jennix

Hi it's Maria said...

Thanks jenni, yes was a shame, but as we know, life never stays how you want it to x