Thursday 15 October 2009

My wheelbarrow....

Here's one of the kits I bought when we went to Welshpool, hubby's been working on it for me, I'm not one of those people that everything has to be kept looking new (stop laughing Gina, I will use all my craft kits up, it's just getting the time, honest), lol..

well here it is made up...



and painted...



and finally looking nice and weathered, in fact like the one my dad lent me years ago, lol... (we bought some real rust when we were at the show in Welshpool to make it look that way)...





the chicken shed is coming along slowly, but I'm fighting for hubby's time at the moment, as he's also working on a policeman and horse figure for someone else...I know, I know, he should get he's priorities right... 'ME'

OK maybe I should mention, he's getting paid to do the other figure (we don't actually get the money, the person donates money to our son school fund raising group, which they've done with all the figures my hubby makes for other people, he have raised £148 so far and some of the figures are living in as far away as France)...

Not got my little shed yet, so will adding that to my list tomorrow, a phone call to find out where it is...

7 comments:

sue-bubbles said...

WOW...thats what I call distressing - it looks amazing! You can actually buy rust???
Sue x

SusieJ said...

Fabulous Maria! You didn't need to buy rust - I could have given you some for free. ROFL.
Sue xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, this looks really antique now, well done. Never heard of buying rust, could have scraped you some of my old bike! Well done too on seeling some things to raise funds, lovely idea!

Hi it's Maria said...

LOL thanks ladies...

also for the offer of the rust, yes you can buy rust, well sort of, will tell you more about it, in my chicken shed post...xx

so watch this space, lol...

Susan said...

I'm really impressed, that looks great :)

Hi it's Maria said...

thanks susan, I think he's done a good job, you wait to you see the chicken shed...xx

jan said...

Wow looks lovely Maria, didn't realise you could buy rust!!!!hugs Jan x