Tuesday 20 October 2009

Spinner album...



I first saw and heard about this on do-crafts, Jackie had got her hubby to help her make one, and Sue b had made one out of toilet rolls, so with the help of Jackie with the dimensions, I thought I'd have a go...

I cheated as I bought a wooden kitchen roll holder (from Asda for £2.50), well I let hubby off as he's busy painting my chicken shed and bits in the evening, lol...


Then set about cutting loads of card, chipboard and papers (using the K&Co pad I got off QVC)...


I covered the card and chipboard with the paper I cut, they're were either 4" square, or the ones with tabs on, were 4"x4.5".. I also inked the edges with my cats eyes chalk inks....


I cut holes with my BIA, using the spacer bar, so I could put the holes nearer the edge... and joined together using a 1 1/4" wire...


but when putting it together, felt I could put more pages in by not using the chipboard and tab chipboard pages, the card I had used and covered were strong enough, (oh well, you learn by your mistakes)...

I then place the whole book over the kitchen holder to see where I had to cut it down (OK hubby cut it down for me, as me and saws don't go together that well)....


A wooden knob was screwed on top, (bought from Homebase for £2.59 for a pack of 2)...


and there you have it, one spinner album with 70 pages in it, so 140 sides to decorate... think it will take me a time to fill, but plan on using old and up to date photos in it...

12 comments:

sue-bubbles said...

WOW Maria, this is fantastic!!! Its turned out so brilliant, and at a fraction of the price of an 'official' spinner...much nicer too! Welldone you!
Sue x

SusieJ said...

Well done Maria! This looks really good. I shall learn from your mistakes (lol!) as I have the instructions printed off ready for OH to make me one - but not util he's fixed the garage door!
Sue xx

jan said...

wow fab Maria, well done, have fun decorating and filling spinner album, hugs Jan x

Crafting to stay sane! said...

Thats Brilliant Maria! I have one half done with kitchen rolls cut in half. I must have a look in Asda for the kitchen roll holder as I have nothing for it to "spin " on! Love the papers you have used ! Alyson xxxx

Susan said...

That looks really good. I saw these last year on UKScrappers but just never got around to making one. Yours looks lovely and makes me want to have a go. MIL bought me a little wooden spinny thing last year with three pots of fancy jam on and I kept it thinking it would be ideal for one of these.
Although I really ought to make my Christmas cards first!

Hi it's Maria said...

thanks ladies, I did enjoy making it, not sure how long it will take me to fill it though, lol...xx

dagbird2001 said...

maria this is lovely, i want to make one now, mmm, photos of baby! got thinking cap on now! lol
xx

Hi it's Maria said...

thanks tracy, what a good idea of doing one for your baby photo's, hope you're both keeping well...xx

jackie(worcs) said...

I love your spinner! The kitchen roll holder idea worked really well didnt it. Is so pretty with those papers on it too.
Well done you!!!!!
Jackie :-)

Hi it's Maria said...

thanks jackie and thank you once again for all your help...xx

Anonymous said...

well done maria, you have been busy. its going to look fab when all your pics are in it. gina xxxx

Hi it's Maria said...

thanks gina, well what else was I suppose to do, when I had no one to talk to all evening, lol...xx