Monday 21 February 2011

Something for 'me'...

A few weeks back, gina set me a challenge to make something for 'me', there was no time limit, as she know I get spurts of crafting time...

At the time, I couldn't think of anything, then when I was trying to find an address of one of my crafty friends last week, I realised I needed an address book, as my addresses were scribbled on scraps of paper, lol...

Then came up with the idea of trying some of the Tim Holtz goodies that I've had for yonks, but as it would be the first time of trying them out didn't want to go too big... So hunted around the attic to find this....


it is a 3x3 raw album...


Well I did say nothing too big, lol...



Anyway I watched a few TH demo's on you tube before I ventured into my Arty Attic...

and, I think I use every technique possible, lol...

First of all I used tattered rose crackle paint, then the blending tool with brushed corduroy and bundle sage distress inks, on both the inside and out...



Then using a 'hot off the press' stamp and pumice stone distress ink, stamped a few times, then brushing Heirloom Gold perfect pearls over the wet stamp...


And finally dug out the Mixed Minis plain and Elements swirls grungeboard, covered them all in Brushed Corduroy distress ink, putting ice stickles on the letters before sticking them on, and finally fixing the hinge with brads...



I am quite chuffed with myself for not only starting and finishing a project in one afternoon, but it was so much fun having such a messy afternoon too, lol...

5 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Well done Maria!

SusieJ said...

This is wonderful Maria! I have an address book but really need a birthday book (all written on scraps of paper lol).
May pinch your idea and thus use some of my TH goodies!
Hugs xx

Hi it's Maria said...

thanks ladies, and have a go sue, it was fun...xxx

Susan said...

Gorgeous!
I am afraid of messy stuff I think, I love the look of it when other people do it but I always tend to shy away from it.

Hi it's Maria said...

go on susan, have a go, if I can d it, so can you, lol...xx