Wednesday 19 October 2011

Bath photos

For people that don't know much about Bath, it has been called the World Heritage Site because of the Historic buildings being the best in England including The Roman Baths and pump room, Thermal Bath Spa and the Royal Crescent to name a few, see here

I've enclosed a few photo's here's the hotel we stay at the Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel the outside spa was to die for lol...


It was only about 20 minutes walk to the centre of Bath, but I tended to take a slow walk along the canal to Bath centre...






Sometimes stopping to watch the narrow boats go through the locks, it was very relaxing watching it (OK maybe not for them doing it, lol)...


The the doors closing behind the narrow boat.


The when the doors were well and truly closed.




Then once they were at the next level would open the gates.



I had a few places that were memories, as when I first met hubby he was working in Bath, so would mooch round while waiting for him to finish work...

The Crescent

Habitat... shame but the shop has since gone, but it was where I bought our first posh tin opener after we had got engaged. I asked the sales assistant to put it in the biggest carrier bag they had, you should have been my future hubbies face when he walked out of work to see the size of the bag I was holding, he panicked to think of how much I had spent in there, lol...


Putney bridge



On the Tuesday I was picked up by hubbies sister and we drove over to Bristol to visit our great nephew Finley for the first time..



and what a little cutie he is, we've got his Christening to look forward to next month.

7 comments:

Svjetlana said...

It looks like you had lovely time. Your photos make me want to come to visit Bath :).

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely pictures, which bring back nice memories of days gone by! Thanks for sharing! Valerie

Hi it's Maria said...

thanks ladies, it's a lovely place...xx

Susan said...

Great photos, thanks for sharing. LOL at you getting a big bag for your tin opener!

Carole said...

Lovely photos Maria, looks like you had a whale of a time! We love Bath, and try to visit at least a couple of times a year.

Hugs, Carole xxx

Hi it's Maria said...

thanks ladies...xx

Finella said...

Wow these pictures are amazing I have just book are anniversary party at a local Golf Hotel but I would love to go to Bath for a Weekend. Were should i stay?