Sunday 20 January 2013

Very special memories


Well Christmas feels a long time ago now, already been a busy year with Steven not being 100% and the snow, so having him home (which to be honest I do enjoy, OK not him feeling unwell). But have also been looking into going to Cyprus for a wedding later in the year but, the main event was within the first week of January we were at a Christening for Bethany, yep when she was just 2 weeks old...


That was because her 7 month old cousin Harlow was being christened, and seeing all the family were going to be there for hers, they asked my nephew if he wanted to have Bethany Christened at the same time, which they agreed too.


It was lovely going back to that particular church as it held special memories for me... As it was the very church I was christened and confirmed at, also was 3 times bridesmaids there and even got married there nearly 28 years ago. But the last time we were there was 25 years ago, for my daughters Christening, as we were living with my mum and dad at the time, as our house buy hadn't quite gone through. Steven got christened at the local church to us here. So yes brought back some lovely memories.

Here is the card I did for them both. OK I cheated as did them both the same seeing they were both girls, OK didn't know Harlow as she is part of my nephews wife side of the family, but couldn't go without making her a card, lol...




Again very simple, but I enjoyed making them...


7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Looks lovely, pretty card too. Hope Steven is better soon! Hugs, Valerie

SusieJ said...

What beautiful cards Maria and so many happy memories...lovely...
Hugs xx

Hi it's Maria said...

thanks ladies and yes val, steven is a lot better thanks, xx

Svjetlana said...

Lovely cards Maria, hope Steven is better by now. xx

Hi it's Maria said...

thanks svjetlana and yes steven is back to his loud self again, lol... xx

Susan said...

Beautiful cards, I bet they loved them as so personal.

Glad you had some nice memories in the church.

Hi it's Maria said...

thanks susan and yes it was lovely going back... xx