Tuesday 14 October 2008

Technology, don't you just love it

It's such a wonderful thing.....



I know, I know, a few weeks ago I was moaning about the Internet, Virgin and Yahoo and I probably will again, but at the weekend it worked wonders for me.

Steven is off on another school trip, to Butlins in Bognor Regis this time, so Clive and I thought we would go away for a bit too, as we've not had more that 2 nights away from home as a couple since Sam was born 21 years ago and that has only been a few times...


so thought it was well overdue...


We had been thinking about seeing one of Clive garden railway buddies layout, so Clive emailed him to see if we were in his area, could we pop in to see him, so told him the dates and he said he would be around some of the time, so that was it, all systems go...

Straight on the Internet booking the channel tunnel, onto ebay for beam converters and a high viability vest, on the phone for the car insurance, breakdown cover and personal Insurance and within a few hours it was sorted...

...we are off over to Paris via the channel tunnel, sorry did I forget to say Clive's friend is English, but living in France with his wife and daughter...

OK I cannot speak a word of French, but who cares, I managed the last couple of times when we took our caravan over the ferry from Portsmouth to St Marlo, just don't asked Sam what I was like, it seems I would say 'Bonjour' when I meant 'au revoir' in fact she won't let me forget it, she still tells people about it and that was 14 years ago...

don't you just love kids

hopefully I will be able to cross another thing off my 'to do' list as I've always wanted to go through the channel tunnel and all being well will be doing it very soon...




No comments: