Thursday 30 September 2010

One of those months...

Well you might remember I moaned about having such a boring week a few weeks back, well I take it all back as I've had a few weeks of fun and games, as not only our boiler broke down, but the business computer went bust too...

I was annoyed with the boiler as it was just over 4 years old, but when I looked into it, it only had a 3 year guarantee, we were not offered more and when phoning them up they wanted £268 plus VAT for looking at it, upfront.... So I got my local plumber to look at it free of charge, it was going to cost us £300 plus VAT, plus fitting, but also he noticed rust inside the boiler, but as it was not under guarantee, they still didn't want to know.


(took photo to show Clive)

So I had to make a decision, do I fight the boiler people as it should last longer than 4 years or do I put new parts into a rust bucket, anyway to cut a long story short we ended up with a new boiler being fitted (by our local plumber), as I could not do without hot water, showers, baths and heating especially with the winter coming thick and fast... But I think the icing on the cake that made my mind up, was that Steven was getting agitated with me having to put him in one room while I carried a kettle of water to the room that needed it, and with Clive being away, he was totally confused poor love......

Then when that was sorted, the business computer decided it would not start, I didn't panic as Clive was around this time as it was a Sunday, but it was a goner. So Clive had to go round Staples to get another one, we finished setting it up Monday morning at 2am and Steven was up at 4.30am...

Of course it meant poor Clive had to drive to Swindon half asleep and I had to try and work on the new computer while being half asleep, oh well it's all sent to try us and I keep saying to myself it's only money and not life threatening.

Then this week it seems one of our tortoise has parasites, (I only took them for their yearly check up), so I had to have them all treated and disinfect their sleeping quarters. They have to go back for another dose next week and then about 2 weeks later I have to take a sample of their p** all labelled who's is who's, lol. Then to top it all I sliced two of my fingers with the bread knife, so ended up having to have them dressed at the local drop-in surgery, (would show you a photo but the blood has seeped through the dressing again, lol) I have to go back tomorrow for a dressing change, so maybe take a photo of my finger then if they let me, lol...


So if I moan again about my week being boring, please give me a kick up the backside and tell me to shut up...

Like I said it's just money and it could be worse, I want to send some strong sparkles to a few friends who are having a really hard time of it at late, you know who you are, hugs...xxx

9 comments:

SusieJ said...

I'll remind you next time you complain about being bored Maria!
Thank you so much for all the sparkles - they are very welcome.
Hugs,
Sue xx

Hi it's Maria said...

thanks sue, hugs...xx

DGgirl said...

Maria - think you should wind time back and start again. Very strong multi-purpose sparkles for you lady!

Gillx

Valerie-Jael said...

Poor Maria, sorry you are getting such a lot of knocks just now. Take care of yourself, and hope this month will be much, much better all round!

Hi it's Maria said...

thanks gill and val...xx

jackie(worcs) said...

Good grief Maria! Hope thats the end of it all for you now!
Jackie :-)

Hi it's Maria said...

thanks jackie...xx

jan said...

Sending you hugs and sparkles Maria, thanks for mine, do hope October is lovely month for you, hugs Jan xx

Hi it's Maria said...

thanks jan, hugs...xx