Thursday 9 September 2010

Snippets and spoilt

Have been doing the odd bit of crafting in my attic, but not 100% happy with it as I don't seem to have any mojo at the moment, but thought I would still share a few snippets of it...






Can you guess what I'm making?

As Steven was at Russets Monday night and I've got Clive home because his contract finished last Friday, we decided to go out for lunch to save me cooking in the evening. We went to the wine bar in Wickham that we saw when we were there on our Anniversary. For my starters I had Mediterranean Platter with Serrano Ham, Chorizo & Roasted Red Peppers, Hummus, Basque Chillies, Dressed Salad & Provençal Toast followed by Penne Pasta with Roast Mediterranean Vegetables & Mascarpone. It was very nice and we would go back there again, (but first there is another restaurant in Wickham that we want to try, lol)...

Also while I running around on Tuesday Clive phoned me on my mobile to say to meet him at staples, which I did to find he was buying me a new lappy, (as my little one does not stay charged any more, even with it plugged in), so I've been moaning and think the messages got through, (and no gina I didn't hit Clive over the head with the little lappy like you suggested, me moaning was enough, lol)... OK it was a belated Anniversary present as at the time I didn't want anything but said when my little lappy dies I would love another laptop but one I can store photos and watch DVD's on... which I now have, it's taking a little getting use to, as it's got keys where they were not before but am slowly getting there...


So am feeling a little spoilt at the moment, lol...

On a downside, Steven's carer let us down again today, she did text at 7.50, but it didn't come through to my phone till 9.35, after I had got Steven ready with his shoes on. It was quite hard explaining that there was a change of plan and he would not be going straight out, so I then let him choose a DVD while I got a few bits sorted and got ready to take him out myself.
We drove to Chichester to get a few bits from Lakeland for his sister (he likes it there as the ladies got to know him when they used to sell crafty stuff). And as a treat we got a pasty from the Cornish Pasty shop and a home made cupcake from the little bakery/coffee shop there, so think that made up for being stuck with mum, lol.
I've had (more) strong words with the people involved with his Thursday care and am given them one more chance as they have got someone permanent for Steven, so they are bringing him round to see me Monday afternoon, he already knows Steven from the play scheme which is a plus side, but watch this space...

9 comments:

SusieJ said...

Lovely laptop Maria and your meal out sounds very yummy!
What a shame for Steven - but at least you made the best of it and you both got a trip out.
Fingers crossed for Monday.
Hugs,
Sue xx

Hi it's Maria said...

thanks sue, I hate seeing steven so confused...xx

jackie(worcs) said...

Hey fabby lappy!
Sorry to hear that Steven was let down, hopefully the new person works out well.
Jackie :-)

Hi it's Maria said...

thanks jackie..xx hows uni have you started yet?

Susan said...

Sorry you were let down, what a nuisance, but sounds like you had a nice day (mmmmm cupcakes!).
I like Lakeland so me and Steven have something in common - I do miss their craft section though.
Enjoy your new lappy, know what you mean about different keys etc.

Hi it's Maria said...

thanks susan...xx

jan said...

Pleased you had lovely meal out together, and superb new laptop too.Sorry for Steven and you and hope new carer works out well.Good to have the time together.hugs Jan xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Maria,
could it be that you are crafting a door sign for your crafty attic? That lappy looks lovely, enjoy using it. Hope you soon get something permanent sorted out for Steven, but he seems to have enjoyed his day out with you!!

Hi it's Maria said...

thanks jan and val and yes val you could be right, lol...xx