Friday 10 September 2010

Snippets

Well, did you guess what they were? (Val did) a 'door plaque' for my very own craft room...I would like to thank Carol for the name on the first plaque... then the rest was my idea...why?...


... because I REALLY do see it as 'my little piece of paradise'

The main chipboard and string that was used were from a Cosmo Cricket kit, I've had for yonks and still untouched (until now, lol), in fact think I have another one somewhere. I used Papermania Colossal pastel paper pack to cover them all, as the colours go well with my craft room colours...


ARTY ATTIC was wrote with sizzlits sunset and the small buttons, scissors, rub ons and bits were from my stash....


I used Fluffy decorative strip for the words 'MY LITTLE', the birds and branches were also from a decorative strip,


Again Fluffy decorative strip was used for the writing 'PIECE OF', also the medium sizzlit flourish #4 and a thin cut flowers


and for PARADISE I used sizzlits Azure, sizzlit Hawaiian flowers #2, forever friends coloured sticker, rub on 'memories' and ice cream sticker from my stash and lastly the wooden buttons from button-it

Then I gave the whole lot a coat of sparkle Mod Podge to help it to stay clean...

Well this is the first item that was totally made up in my 'Arty Attic' hopefully the first of many, lol...

14 comments:

Carole said...

I love it! Such a lovely door sign, and such a fab name ;) I am expecting great things from your "Arty Attic"!!! How lovely to have your own little bit of paradise upstairs!

Hugs - Carole xxx

Hi it's Maria said...

thanks carole, not sure about expecting great things, it's a place for me to get messy and walk away, lol... thanks once again for the great name...xx

DGgirl said...

Hi Maria

Love your door plaque missus - and well done to Carole for getting it started!

Have been a bt busy but have just caught up on your previous post as well and hope that the arrangements for Stephen's carers/support workers settle down for all your sakes. I can only too fully understand the stress is causes.

Anyway - please can I have some more photos of the actual Srty Attic pretty please?

Gillx

Hi it's Maria said...

oh gill it's a tip up there, lol.. you should see my desk it is so big, yet you cannot see the table under the mess, lol.. and all I've made was the plaque, lol...xx

thanks for your kind words, hows things with you?

SusieJ said...

Love it Maria! What a great name for your craft space.
Hugs,
Sue xx

sue-bubbles said...

WOW Maria, this is just fabby, so perfect for your crafty attic! Welldone you, I love it!
Sue x

Hi it's Maria said...

thanks you sue and sue, lol...xx

tea_bag said...

Maria I,m loving your craft room door sign, indeed a real piece of paradise hugs alma xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Just beautiful Maria, lovely idea, well done, even with stitching, and the colours are beautiful....now you need to do thngs like that every week!! Lots of sparkles for you and your *arty attic*

Hi it's Maria said...

thanks alma and val...xx

lol at every week, not sure how many weeks that ONE project took...

jackie(worcs) said...

Love your door sign! Very pretty.
Jackie :-)

Hi it's Maria said...

thanks jackie...xx

Susan said...

FAB!!! Love it.

Hi it's Maria said...

thanks susan...xx